Dekalb Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA
New York City
Join me, your new favorite nutritionist & health coach, in wandering through the farm stands, sampling & shopping for local and farm-grown produce to fill your shopping totes!
During the tour, we will discuss:
- What makes something local?
- What is currently in season and at peak flavor?
- What are the most important products t buy at the market?
- Why organic is not the most important label at the farmers market?
- Nutritional value and health benefits of eating select seasonal fruits & vegetables.
- Tips for choosing the best produce
- Tips for saving money and getting the most for your money at the farmer's market
Don't forget to bring your reusable totes!
We will be meeting at the main entrance of the park at the corner of Dekalb Avenue and Cumberland Street, across the the street from Walter's Restaurant.